Research Opportunities @ UCSD
AEP Summer Research Opportunities:
- The Academic Enrichment Program (AEP) at UCSD provides information on their website for several summer research programs including the Summer Research Program (SRP), Amgen, and more!
- Most summer research programs fund undergraduate students for 8 to 10 weeks while working on a research project under the guidance of a UCSD faculty member. Students generally present at a research conference at the end of the program.
- The California Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (CAMP) in Science, Math, and Engineering is part of the AEP at UCSD.
- CAMP focuses on creating a community for students from disadvantaged backgrounds in the STEM fields. CAMP provides social events, networking opportunities, and help with funding for attending conferences.
- For more information contact the program coordinator Dr. Jacqueline F. Azize-Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CiHED presents the Initiative to Maximize Student Development (IMSD)
- IMSD is a part-time funded research program that prepares UCSD undergraduates from a disadvantaged background for acceptance into a biomedical Ph.D. program.
- IMSD can fund undergraduate students starting as freshman until graduation.
- Contact the program coordinator Dr. Valita Jones at email@example.com.
- Maximizing Access to Research Careers (MARC) is a program that has similar goals to IMSD, by preparing UCSD undergraduate students from disadvantaged backgrounds for acceptance into a biomedical Ph.D. program.
- MARC is a 2 year program that provides a monthly stipend throughout the school year along with aiding in cost of tuition.
- For more information please contact Dr. Kristen Kung at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The McNair program aims to provide research experience for UCSD undergraduate students.
- McNair students are part-time funded for two quarters at UCSD along with working full-time for a 10 week period during the summer
- For more information please contact Dr. Thomas K. Brown at email@example.com.
- The UCSD MSTP Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) prepares undergraduate students for joining a MD/Ph.D. joint program.
- This is a 8 week fully funded summer research program in which students will work full-time on a research project in a UCSD Medical School faculty member's laboratory. Students will also shadow a physician once a week along with having access to network with current UCSD MD/Ph.D. scholars.
- For more information contact the UCSD MSTP program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Award (IRACDA) aims to train post doctoral scientists (mostly from underrepresented groups) in biomedical or behavioral science research, teaching, and outreach. The goal is prepare post-docs for a position as an independent researcher.
- IRACDA fellows are fully funded according to NIH guidelines for a 3 year period.
- For more information please contact Dr. JoAnn Trejo at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.